Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Week 2 - Jamaica - Yallahs

November 26, 2016     
From:  Eric Joseph Call <call.eric@myldsmail.net
November 29, 2016 at 8:47 AM
 
Dad,  that's exactly right it is way hot here and I'm starting to adjust to the humidity, but its way hot here basically all the time.  This morning was a little chilly 70 degrees hahaha. It is a huge change from America but Mosiah 24:14-16 helped me to understand the lord will make the things that are our burdens will be made light and the things that are bothering me will no longer matter through the Lord.  He won't take away our burdens but he will make them easier for us.   
No big bucks yet huh?  That's weird, what are ya gonna do - you have to find em!  Has the rut started for them yet?  
I am very grateful to have a bike so nobody gets away from us ha.  A lot of people here actually are very laid back and relaxed, but some of them are also very rude haha.  The big thing around here is futbol.  Everybody plays it and I stink at it so much!  It'll soon come hahaha, but I did see a bottle of water around here and the brand is called cool runnings, kinda funny.  
The work is going well and the more I focus on the work the better I do about being here!  Tell Momma that I love her so much and have a couple questions if she could send me one of those jump drives you talk into then plug it in then I can talk to you about it all and will save me time with emailing and it is a hoax that anything you send gets stolen all the missionaries said that's a lie.  So huge favor if you put my protein in gallon bags they would fit in a pretty small package because I've made breakfast shakes like every morning and have to live on a budget!  Crazy to think I've been a missionary for a month now!  This work truly is the Lords work and I love ya Mom and Dad!
Elder Boyer just says they are called voice recorders momma and all I really need is the whey protein it's way to expensive here!  Optimum Nutrition is the best and I just need the Whey Protein and chocolate flavor pretty please hahaha.  I spent some of the ATM money I withdrew on taxi's and travel and food. We ate at KFC on Thanksgiving quite nice!  We were not able to leave our home after 3 o'clock on Election Day yesterday, November 28th to make sure we were safe because of all the craziness from it.
Elder Call  

Thanksgiving Dinner at KFC
November 24, 2016

​Here is Elder Galbraith, Elder Bennett, Elder Boyer and I we all live in Yallahs.  Together at KFC in Kingston for Thanksgiving!





​Elder Morris and I got to see each other at zone conference on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment