Monday, November 21, 2016

Week 1 - Jamaica - Yallahs

From:  Eric Joseph Call 
Hello Everyone,  
  Wow has it been quite the week Elder Wilding, Elder Morris and I all arrived in Jamaica late Tuesday night, stayed at the mission home and then got ready for the big day on Wednesday.

  I met my companion his name is Elder Boyer and he rocks; like the best trainer ever!  I'm serving in Yallahs which is down by the southeast corner of the Island and is also dryer than I thought it would be!
  The people here are great!  I love our little branch of about 40 members here!  I'm still adjusting - haha, but it really is a great place!  Elder Boyer is the Branch President and I'm his Clerk so we have a lot to do in the Branch and then on top of that we have missionary work!  It's great though.

   Actually today while we were at the store in Morant Bay we talked to a man in the grocery store and it was amazing; he told us "I've been searching for the truth my whole life and I am still yet to find it".  So what did we do?  We talked with him of course and we left him a pamphlet and also a Book of Mormon which we don't usually do; but we were prompted and he said he would like to check it out.  He is out of our area so it's in the other missionaries hands but I hope it all works for him.

  Well, I want you all to know I love you and you're all great in the sight of God. Keep up what your doing and no worries MON
Elder Call


 

No pictures sent with email this week - hopefully he will send pictures next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment