Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Week 7 - Jamaica - Yallahs

Eric Joseph Call 
Hello Everyone how was your week!

Our week consisted of sitting in the house because I was sick with strep!!  I was finally able to get over it and get out and do missionary work on Saturday  and let me tell you I love missionary work thank goodness for it!  Sitting in the house for almost a week nearly drove me crazy!!!  A little story from C.S Lewis motivated me a lot though it says  "Imagine yourself as a house that God comes in to rebuild.  At first, perhaps, you can understand what he is doing.  He is getting the drains right and stopping the leaks in the roof; you knew those jobs needed to be done so you are not surprised.  But soon He starts knocking about in a way that hurts abominably, and does not seem to make sense.  What on earth is he up to?  He is building a different house than you had planned; throwing out an extra floor there, running up towers, and making courtyards.  You thought you were going to be a little cottage; but He is building a palace."  I realized I don't know what the Lord has in store for me, but he knows me better than I know myself.  He wants us all to succeed but it takes work and a lot of effort!
I would be lying if I said my mission was always great and easy.  It's the moments that are the best though that do make it worth it.  That moment I look in my investigators eyes and can see them change and when they know this is right and it's for them.  That's why I'm here in Jamaica! I love this Gospel so much!  Saturday Elder Boyer and I visited one of our members, Sister Martin and she said something that struck me and really touched my heart.  She said "Let your families know I love them because they were willing to give you up for 2 years to us and without the missionaries I don't know where I would be. Make sure you tell them how much I love them and the service they are doing letting you come here and to serve our Savior and to help the people of Jamaica." Sister Martin has such an incredible testimony!  She wasn't at church Sunday with her daughters Brihanna and Kishanne.  I hope they will be here soon.  I have faith they will and yes, Brihanna is the girl I had the pleasure of baptizing not to long ago.  This week has started off well and I hope you all can have a great week also continue following our Savior!
Elder Call


                                          Elder Boyer and Me - Our sick Christmas Ties!



 


























About all we did this week hahaha-because Elder Galbraith and I were sick and stuck in the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment