Monday, January 9, 2017

Week 8 - Jamaica - Yallahs


From:  Eric Joseph Call 
I'm great Dad very well here in Jamaica and that's right it really stinks to get in the cold showers when you wake up cold from 70 degree weather! HA Things are going great here and it's looking like we may have another baptism this Saturday!  It is a boy named Nicardo and we should have 3 other people here on date soon!  You better get back to work been doing some work here in the hour that I have to exercise gotta use that time wisely hahaha.  I wake up at 6 to get more workout time and to study a little more. I started re- reading the Book of Mormon and have learned so much from it once again.  I just finished second Nephi and a big thing here is everyone thinks they just need the bible, but in 2 Nephi 28 it is quite clear that those people must repent and forsake the words of vain men and follow the teachings of Christ.  I love you to dad and thanks for emailing me I enjoy getting e-mails from everyone!  love ya,
Elder Call

From: Eric Joseph Call 

That sounds like a lot of fun sleeping on the couch hehe.  Hope things are getting better for them and you get to spend time with Kelsey and Andrew and Ava!  I'd trade you for a day, but then I'd have to get right back too the missionary work:)!  Sister Martin is very great , I just wish she would share her testimony more and be at church more but that's the way it goes I guess.  Church for me is Kinda crazy since I'm the Clerk and President Boyer's companion haha.  We were at the church till 6 p.m. on Sunday because we had to do a bunch of new 2017 things. 
      I do enjoy doing the tithing though! It's kinda nice, but 52 people were here on Sunday for church!!  If we get that continuously we will get a building here in Yallahs!!!  We just have to continue working and I know we will see the Fruits of our labors here in Yallahs!!  I did get both of the packages!  Did you get the voice recorder message I sent to you today.  It makes me have a lot more time to email!  My weekly e-mail took a lot of time, but I'll keep sending you pictures!  You are right though I can't believe here in a couple weeks I'll have been serving for 3 months!  I'm continually trying to do my best and to be a better missionary everyday!  We went and played some basketball today in a place 30 minutes away from Yallahs called Morant Bay It was way nice!  Hope you will be sleeping better and I love you.  Thank you mother! 
Love Your son
Elder Call

               Eric only emailed one picture this week.  His comment sent with photo is below.  
Elder Boyer and I, our new p-day activity - eat at cool restaurants!

No comments:

Post a Comment