Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Week 4 - Jamaica - Yallahs

Eric Joseph Call
 December 13, 2016 at 1:09 PM
Hello everyone this is Elder Call just saying WOW has this been a week to remember.  My faith has been tested so much throughout the first couple days.  Tuesday and Wednesday were super hard because all of Elder Boyer and I's appointments all fell through and challenging was not going well.  Finally I figured out late Wednesday night that the Lord sends us to the places that are hard or where we get rejected because of our faith.  He tests us to see if we really are willing to follow the will of our Father in Heaven.  WE were blessed with two new investigators Thursday and they both just helped me to see that the Lord works in strange ways. Babs is her name and she was interested but said she had already been baptized, but we continued to see her change throughout the lesson because she could feel the spirit.  We extended the invitation of baptism at the end and she said yes! I know Heavenly Father had to prepare us to listen to the spirit and know to just pursue just a little more with Babs.  
We had zone meeting today so last night we stayed with the zone leaders and the AP's in Kingston.  First, Kingston at night is beautiful and the zone leaders have a way nice apartment hahaha.  I had my first warm shower and it was great, but cold showers are always great to!
 As I strive to do my very best to follow Christ I have seen blessings come just through the simple things.  Like at zone meeting I learned to really listen to those small spiritual promptings even if they don't seem like much, it is better to act in Faith than to just give into temptation and to feel regret.  I hope you are all living your lives and doing very good.  I know this is the one true church on the earth and will continue to help others on the island of Jamaica know it as well.  Till next week 
Elder Call

                                                KINGSTON LIGHTS!

 P-day with the zone leaders and the AP's we went bowling and got Fro-Yo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment