Monday, March 20, 2017

Week 18 - Jamaica - Yallahs

March 20, 2017

Hey everyone hope you're all doing well,
This week has been grand!  To start off the week we just did a lot of the usual for the welfare project we finished up seeing everyone who has done it previously and most everyone actually has their coops in good working condition.  So that was a bonus didn't have to worry about any of that stuff.
That was mostly on Tuesday and Wednesday and we were also able to see Leo and Marsha on Wednesday and can I just say how awesome their family is they have such great faith!  Thursday was really hectic in fact I can't remember anything about the morning, but we had district meeting later in the afternoon because the Port Antonio Elders came all the way to Yallahs to have it because we had two baptismal interviews and the other Elders had one as well.  
Yallahs is doing great and because of the efforts of the members and understanding our Heavenly Fathers will before ours has helped us to see what we can do if we will first ask with faith what the Lord wants us to do here as missionaries.  
We have seen incredible success from this and following what He wants.  Just like Moroni in the war chapters instead of just charging out he asked Alma the prophet to pray and see what God thought before they made any moves -  isn't that just incredible!  We can all do this and be like Moroni and understand His will and what He wants for us and I'm not saying it will be easy in fact sometimes it will be very, very hard.  This transfer has truly blessed me and helped me grow, but the growth does not come from idleness. 
 One of my favorite scriptures says it best -  it is Mosiah 24:13-15.  I invite you to read that and see what you can get out of it to help your life.  That night I went on Trade off with Elder Rowley and Elder Rassmusen.  We were able to go visit some less actives and teach our investigators - the Young family.
I love trade-offs truly helps ya learn a lot on the mission!  On Saturday We had 3 baptisms!  Two of them were Nathaniel and CJ, they are Leo and Marsha's boys and Giovanni, he is a child on record.  The zone leaders even came for our baptism because we needed another suit, but they gave us our transfer calls in person not over the phone so that was way cool.  I have learned that on Wednesday, March 22nd I will be leaving Yallahs and going to Spanish Town to serve with Elder Lewis and Elder Elliot!  I'm very excited for the next step of my mission... but I am going to miss the great people here in Yallahs very much.  Elder Lewis will also be going to BYU next month because he actually goes home April 6th so we will only be in a tri for a couple weeks.  Maybe you'll see him around!  To keep up the great week I said my goodbyes to most of the members at church and we had 55 people at church!  More then we have ever had.  After doing the last branch work I'll have to do we went with the other Elders and ate at Sis. Tamara Watson's house and had some curried chicken and lots of rice and peas!  I'm grateful for the opportunity I've had to serve here in Yallahs, but even more grateful to serve here in Jamaica!  Keep the faith everyone and just remember that your Father in Heaven is always there for you and I'm prayin  for ya.
Love Elder Call
Just Challenging a goat ha ha!   March 15, 2017

Found some nice mango's in the top of the tree at the church - it was way high up there!
The "fruits" of our labors  :)


Banana pod on Leo and Marsha's tree - so cool!!

Elder Boyer , CJ, Giovonni, Nathaniel and Me (Elder Call)  March 18, 2017
The whole family and then us missionaries :)


Just before the baptisms at the ocean.        March 18, 2017
Giovonni being baptized, we would have other pictures but it was raining during the other baptisms.   March 18, 2017
Nathaniel, CJ and I
Everyone who was at the baptism - Leo and Marsha on the left - Sister Redway and her family in the middle-Sister Bailey on the right


"Peace Out" dinner at Tamara's house.

We are leaving Yallahs, how sad!  Elder Galbraith goes home to Boise in 2 weeks and I'm off to Spanish Town for my first transfer since arriving in Jamaica.

No comments:

Post a Comment